Stop screaming like a little sissy and use your head. With these 5 simple rules, you can increase your chances of avoiding becoming zombie food.
- Fight back to back. 3 or more armed people can cover any expanse by rotating in a circle, with their eyes facing directly ahead. This will avoid any surprise attacks and friendly fire.
- Know your enemy. Yes, there is an army of undead out there trying to kill you, that much is a known. What is often times forgotten, in the heat of the moment, is the unseen enemy. There will still be bad people in the apocalyptic world waiting to capitalize on your mistakes. There will also be bat-shit-crazy psychos who can't handle the new world that has been over-run by the undead. The point here is to know who to trust and bring into your confidence.
- Get the right weapons. This is oft debated in any good zombie apocalypse discussion, but that's because it's so true. You are going to need the right weapon for the job. You can start this explorative journey by checking out Weapons of Choice for the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Dress appropriately. Something a bit more than board shorts, flip flops and a wife-beater t-shirt will be needed here. We understand that platemail armor and full riot-gear kevlar may not be available, but shoot for something like a leather jacket, cargo pants and boots. You want to make it as tough for those suckers to take a bite out of you as possible.
- Bring along Fido. We have an excellent article about man's best friend as a survival companion here, but here's the low-down just in case you are saving that one for later. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, the chances that Fido will be vulnerable to the virus are slim. Cross zoological contamination is a very rare event in mother nature. This is a brainiacs way of saying birds get bird diseases, dogs get dog diseases, and humans generally just get human diseases.